Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Put on your big kid pants & get it yourself!

Snap out of it!

The world does not owe you a favor.

Not everyone is going to swoon at your feet or tell you that you're wonderful.

Not everyone is going to want to make you the center of their universe and you will not always be the belle of the ball.

Get over it!

Sheesh...  No wonder society is such a mess.  Every other person (and I'm being kind) thinks they're entitled to the whole enchilada.  Well ya know what - you can't have mine!  I worked my little but off for mine - go do a little work and get your own.

It's not that I don't want to share - I don't want to be told that I need to.

I will do anything for anyone until it becomes expected of me.  Really - just because I'm being kind to you doesn't mean you're entitled to my kindness.  It means that I'm being a nice person.


I work hard!  I've worked since junior high school and I've chosen to go back to work when our little one started school.  I've never expected anyone to give me things.

If I wanted something, I worked for it and I got it.  End of story! 

This is how I try to raise my children as well.  I will help them with whatever they need help with, but I also teach them to work for what they want. 

Sure, they get mad when I don't succumb to their pissing & moaning that Johnny's mommy & daddy just gave him a BMW.  Well, good for Johnny.  You're working for yours.  I'll help you, but you're having your first down payment, insurance and gas money!

Sorry cup cake... this momma doesn't play.  Don't try to give me guilt.  I don't get guilt from others - I'm FABULOUS at giving myself guilt.

I don't care what other parents do and I'm not doing what you want just because you think that's how it ought to be!  I guess I just suck as a parent, what can I say? 

Although you will always be MY shining star - you will not always be THE shining star.  It's not always about you and the world does NOT owe you a favor!

I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but someone had to. 

Brush off your butt - get up and go do for yourself.

You'll be better for it, I promise. 

Thank you for reading my blog!


~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Our whole world would be a better place if everyone was teaching their kids the same thing. I knew I liked your blog for a reason...beyond the obvious entertainment value :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to this! I totally do NOT believe in giving our children everything they want...(maybe because we're not rich and cannot afford it...but that's beside the point).... MAKE THEM WORK FOR IT! I recently posted about my 16 year old son havingh is first job. Though I feel sorry for him working a full time job this summer, I think it's good for him. He's learning a valuable lesson, he's learning about money and #1...he doesn't have to ask me for gas money every other day! It's awesome! Kids these days are so different than when I was growing up. They need to learn responsibility and prepare for the real world out there! GREAT POST!

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!