Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Be who you say you are!

I'm not a pretender.

I am who I am.  What you see is (mostly) what you get.  Unless, of course I'm feeling uncomfortable in some way & then the freak comes out.  During the times I've got my whack-a-doodle switch flipped & I'd rather not be thought of as that person.  But that's a whole other story...

Have you ever heard the Brad Paisley song, "I'm so much cooler online"? 
Please, click the link & have a watch.

It's very funny and very true!  You really can be whoever you want to be here in this little cyber world behind your little keyboard & computer screen.  In real life, it's ALLLL you.

I'm far from a perfect person.  I don't try to pretend that I am and I don't try to make other people feel badly for not being so.  I screw up ALL THE TIME and I know it.
If I do something, I say I've done it.  If I say something, I say I've said it.  I don't pretend I'm better, because I know I'm not!  I can't keep up with all of that and I don't want to.  This is just what works for me.


No, it's absolutely NOT the most popular choice, but people always know where they stand with me.  As I've said before; If I love you, like you, hate you, if I'm mad at you, if you annoy me, if you're my friend, if you're not, etc. you will know it.  If I'm mad at you, worry not.  I have like a 30 second rebound rate to my anger.


I've got a few friends whom I've known for a long, long time and I know really well, who put on these airs like they crap glitter.  (and if you get mad at me, or think I'm pointing at you, ask me - because I'm probably not)  Well guess what, sweetie love - I know who you are.  I know your secrets.  I know your lies.  I know what goes on behind closed doors.  Why do you want to play the high & mighty, I'm better than you game with me?  I genuinely don't understand.  I would never throw anyone under the bus, but I'm not looking to lie down in front of that bus for your entertainment either.

Be who you REALLY are!  If people can't take it - that's their problem!

I've never hidden the fact that I'm Christian.  I may not be the best example of "What Would Jesus Do?" but I try to do what I'm supposed to do.  I truly love God & know that He loves me & wants the best for me.  My imperfections & all!

For sure I know that no matter where I stand with God - I have no business riding my high horse off into the sunset.

I know that behind this little keyboard of mine, I can be all mighty and pious as I stand here in my a la Joan d'Arc armor - sword in hand.  Truth is, I'm just me.  Maybe a little more subdued in real life (just a little).

The one thing I can say for sure is that I am who I say I am.  I do what I say I'm going to do.  I don't try to pretend I'm someone I'm not.  I'm not perfect and I don't want to be.  I'm just me.

Who ARE you?

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

4 comments:

  1. GAH! I love you more and more everyday!!! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This is Susan from www.solesearchingmamma.com and I've been happily sent over from YKIHAYHT. Can't wait to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly. EXACTLY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Love this. Love this. Love this.

    I needed this sooooo incredible bad today.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!