Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

As Seen On TV - I must close my eyes, I must close my eyes...

I, my friends, am a complete and total sucker to infomercials...

Seriously, I've got a Steam Shark, the regular Shark, a bunch of those Choppers, multi hangers.... More crap than I can even post because I'm a sucker.

Can you see the brightly shining sucker beacon from there?  I'd be surprised if you didn't.

You, Yes, YOU Jenn - I can see your sucker beacon from here
Salespeople see me coming a mile a way and start rubbing their hands together and licking their chops like I'm a freshly served up meal.

It all started at the tender age of 18.  My dad died a few months before & I was living alone - pre room-mate.

Well hello, Jenn... Can in interest you in a Kirby?
Ding dong... Kirby sales man at my door, big blue eyes and cute as a button.  At that time, I was young & naive - sure, come on in...  didn't strike me in the least that I was home alone.  Let's just let this strange door to door sales person come in just because they asked to.

Ok, so he demonstrates the vacuum - throws dirt on my floor, vacuums my couches & does a damn good job at showing me what an absolutely awful housekeeper I was. 

Truthfully, he had me at hello batting those the big blue eyes in my direction.  SUCKER!

Of course, I became the proud new owner of a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner all for the handy dandy price of $600 - which, my friends - comparatively is a steal these days.  At 25% financing through Beneficial Finance...  Yeah score... Ugh.

Can I just tell you.... I STILL have that vacuum cleaner!  Not only is it still functional - but I've been offered real money, several times for it!  It's heavier than heck - but it will suck a golf ball through a garden hose & spit it back out shiny and clean!  Pffft, who's the fool NOW???

Sadly subsequent purchases haven't been so fabulous.  The Shark, that I mentioned above, wasn't all that.  I think I paid $80 for it and scrapped it at a garage sale for $20.

Currently, I've gone way to the "Tummy Tuck Belt".  I'm prepping for my vacay to Costa Rica and would like to look halfway decent in a bathing suit...  I'll keep you posted.

After all, how could you go wrong REAL PEOPLE, NOT ACTORS did the infomercial!  Why would I ever think they'd lie??

...to be continued

Thank you for reading my blog!

Make it a wonderful day!

~Jenn

6 comments:

  1. DO YOU HAVE THE MEATLOAF PAN>? I WANT THAT.. they have it at walmart too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear, Robbo... Although I know that you know I make the most kick ass mashed potatoes...you should also remember I don't do meatloaf :) xxoo Not on purpose anyway... Ugh xxoo

      Delete
  2. I've got one of those elliptical thingies, sold to me by that crazy shouting guy in the sausage casing with a pony tail and a baseball cap insisting "You can DO IT!". Yeah, well, I don't do it. Makes a good clothes hanger though. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had an Epilady (torture device) and still own the Tony Little work out tapes (only ones I actually still use) I also have a Tony Little Gazelle (which doubled as a fabulous towel dryer for years) I could go on and on, but I'm just too flippin' pathetic :) Glad I'm not alone :)

      Delete
  3. And YOU had me at Tummy Tuck Belt! Did not know such an animal existed! Sounds like something I'd try too - much better than jumping jacks, jogging, and eating nothing other than lettuce!

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!