Total Pageviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

Momma needs a vacay!

Seriously, this is me at work lately...

Doesn't seem fair, does it??  The place I go every day to relax and have big people interaction has now turned into a place where I can't even get up from my desk to pee!  I actually have to work.

I love being home with my family, but mentally -
I NEED to work!

I stayed home with the kid-doodles up until 1st grade.
Then, as far as I was concerned, there was no need for me to sit home all day.  For what?  To fold laundry in front of the soaps?

I could have rebuilt my social life with the other stay at home moms, but I didn't have any at the time.  Of course, now that I'm back to working daily more of my friends are actually home, but that's a whole other ball game.

The fact is, I like making my own money.  Yeah, yeah, I know...
my husband works, his money is my money yadda yadda yadda.
I like to know that if I want to get my nails done or go shopping, I don't need to stick my hand out and ask for money.  It's what makes me feel like I'm contributing.

I do miss the summer time home with my kids though.  The waking up late & sitting in our jammies until it's pool time, but they're getting bigger now.  They don't really WANT mommy around as much.  They'd rather be with their friends, or on Facetime if they're not together.  I'm just sort of, in the way.  So they go to summer camp to be with their friends & I go to work to help pay for it.

Everyone's happy.

That is, until I have days like the past few weeks where work has EXPLODED!  In most every industry, there's the "summer slows".  People going on vacation.  No one has money to spend, so no one's spending money.  Not so much when your company caters to the music business.  Summer = Concert Season, Tiki Bars and just reasons to be outside listening to music.  We cater to that.  So I am busy, very busy!

There comes a time, though - that my brain turns to mush!  Times like the past few weeks that I'm really missing my creative gene.  Times like now when I feel like I can't put two coherent sentences together to form a proper thought.  Times I'm REALLY hoping you all don't hit the little x button & never come back, thinking I've totally lost it!

Don't worry, I'm still in here...

My brain may be a big ol pile of mushy mish mosh, but it's just because work is temporarily sucking my brain dry.  Stay tuned.

I'm headed for west & we-waxation, then - watch out world!

For now - Costa Rica - here I come...

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!

Well deserved vacation being served up shortly!

Clearly, I will be on hiatus over the next week or so.  Please feel free to browse through the older blogs.

As always, Thank you for your continued support & for reading my blog!!

Smoochies!

~Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Found you through the TGIF Blog hop and so glad I did! I love reading about peoples incoherent times. Makes me feel like I'm not the only one! LOL Enjoy that Vacay!! I took mine last month and it consisted of driving 15 hours alone with a 7 and 3 yr old and a trip to the hospital that put me on bed rest for 2 weeks. I like the sound of your vacation better. Can't wait to here about it when you get back and post some pics because I want to live vicariously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful holiday! You definitely deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!