Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

New and different ways to horrify my child....

My little girl is quiet and fairly shy, unlike her "in your face" momma...

She's pretty quiet & reserved like her daddy.  She embarrasses easily & will always be more apt to sit back and watch rather than participate.

She's 9, and starting to develop - which alone is horrifying her.

While on the phone with a family member, my husband was discussing the issue at hand & a specific female related health issue.  Of course, my little darling was eavesdropping and heard the word uterus.  A little bit later, she asked, "Mommy, what's a uterus again?"  So in my very mature way, I explained that it's a female part of the body - it's where the babies live before they're born.  I then said, you have a uterus.

Dun, dun, dun....  Her jaw dropped & she got a horrified look on her face.  "I HAVE A UTERUS?"  It wasn't bad enough that she is changing and not liking it, but the realization of actually having a body part that holds a baby was enough to set her into orbit.

Now to have a little fun....  Guess what, honey - you also have ovaries!  Ovaries hold the EGGS that help to make the babies...  ha ha....  She held her hands over her ears - la la la la la - I can't hear you...

I actually think it's incredibly cute.  I had / have no intention of going any further on how the babies actually get into the uterus - that's totally a conversation for when she's 27 or 28 :)

I'm keeping my baby girl as innocent as I can for as long as possible.

In the meantime, I've got some fodder for my own personal entertainment when she starts acting, um - girlie...

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!