Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

Don't wait - do it now!

Once upon a time, I dreamed of buying & restoring a turn of the century Victorian or Plantation style home.

Now that I'm (much) older and less enthusiastic - that dream has fallen by the wayside, but I always think about the what if...  What IF I'd actually followed through on my dream while I was dreaming it?

I believe that we are all caught up in the notion that we are immortal.  That we will live forever on earth.  That we won't grow older & that things won't start to hurt.  That we'll get to it tomorrow and then when tomorrow comes & we look back - we didn't follow through.  Ouch!

Mostly I've always been a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal.  I do live in the moment for the most part - though with age, I've both slowed down and wised up.  Some stuff just should be thought through before taking that giant leap into the void of the unknown.  But then again, what if?

My diving in head long without thought has definitely cost me a few life lessons - but it's all good.  I've had my set backs, but I'm pretty tough.  I still manage to move ahead.

We're given such a beautiful life & opportunity.  Life is soooo uncertain - no one is guaranteed tomorrow.  One brush with death or sickness will wake you up to that quick!  But why wait?

Everything is within reach - everything!  Grab it - quick!  What if tomorrow never comes & you continue to drive by all of those wonderful Victorians & think....  Man, that could have been mine...

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!