Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Technology Geek? NOT

Don't be fooled....

I really do NOT know what I'm doing here.  Technologically.

I mean, yeah - I know how to write and I know how to publish it here on my little blog page, BUT when it comes to all the fancy schmancy stuff - not so much.

I keep seeing the little message in my upper right hand corner when I log in that says " The old Blogger interface will be removed in the coming months. Upgrade Now. " and it scares the ever living crap out of me.  No lie.

To me that's the equivalent of, "This tape will self destruct in five seconds."

Crap, now what?

Remember the whole Facebook timeline thing?  How many people were freaked out about that??  Yeah, I'm one of those people when it comes to THIS.  I did manage to make that timeline switch, rather seamlessly, I might add - but this whole switch makes me shake in my shoes.

Sad, really.  Once upon a time - I used to be the ONE.  The one my dad called, when the power went out and his VCR needed to be  reprogrammed - because all of that sent him into a total frenzy.  YES, I said VCR, sheesh!  Take a giant leap into the 80's will ya??

I used to be the "gadget woman".  When home computers became popular - I was in there.  I was doing it.  I was setting them up for my family members, hooking them up to the wonderful world wide web.  I knew where to go, what to do.  DOS was my friend.  I knew it, it knew me and we rocked it.

Then - technology did what it always does and it improved.  It advanced.  It blew right past me leaving me in the dust, scratching my head thinking... What the????

Yep, even from a 10 year old
So what do I do??  Pffft... Well I do what any normal, red blooded American woman would do.  I ask my 10 year old daughter, ala Poppie's VCR.  My daughter looks at it, rolls her eyes and gives me an, "Oh MOM - this is soooo easy."  Three seconds, done.  Back to normal.  I'm still scratching my head.

Yes, I used to be technology savvy.  I used to be in the know.  I used to be the plethora of electronic knowledge.  Now, I'm just another confused mommy, terrified of the new blogger interface.

I know I'll have to succumb to change.  For the present moment, I'm riding out the "coming months" portion of the interface message.  Hoping at the end of each month that they mean the next month.  I really ought to figure this out.  But hey - at least I've got pictures and links.

So now, If you'll excuse me - it's time for me to be schooled by my 10 year old while she sets up my new interface, lol.

At least I know she won't blow it!

Thank you for reading my blog!

Smoochies!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!