Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

When I was in high school, I was the.....

I know these words must have escaped your mouth at least once in your adult life, and if you're not quite in adult life yet... Take note.

I tried to tell my son, as he was going through, that high school is not real.  Well, the school part is - but that whole cast of characters that everyone plays... not real.  That's just the compartment they fall into at the time.  Seldom is "that person" the person you are, or continue to become later on in life.  Your high school "part" doesn't dictate who you are.

The nerdy kids are the Steve Jobs of the planet.  Oh, did you pick on them & now they're your boss?  Whoops...  The most popular kid?  He might be the one pumping your gas, or making your sandwich at the local deli.  Hey, that's Ok - the world needs sandwich makers too.

Personally, I didn't fall to any extreme, but that's typical Jenn.  I was friends with everyone.  My friends were my friends.  Some were jocks, some were "burn outs", some nerds & some popular.  I didn't need or want to fit into any specific group.   Not to say that high school for me didn't contain it's very own set of pit falls, but hey - that's life.  That's how we grow and learn to become the people we are.

When it all comes down to it, we all create our own destiny.  Nothing is set in stone & just because someone puts you in a certain category doesn't mean that's your niche in life.

Go be YOU!  Who cares what the world thinks!  Go get it, grab it & swing from it...

So... Who were you??

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind but I took a section of your blog and sent it to some girls that are really having a hard time right now in their school. They are making a stand and being a christian and people are bullying them because of that and they've made the them cry on numerous occasions calling them horrible names and just being mean. And what you said about high school is so true! Thanks for posting it! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I don't mind! I hope it helps!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true, Aunt Jenn! I wonder what I, the weird, nerdy kid, will be in 30 years...interesting to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!