Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Yes you CAN!

Remember that exercise guru, Tony Little from the 80's?  "You can DO IT!"

Yes, you CAN do it!!  I don't accept the words, "I can't" from my kids!  As far as I'm concerned I can't means I won't.  Try!

Of course, they don't appreciate this.  They're looking for me to step in and do it for them, but ya know what - NO!  I'll show you, I'll guide you & I'll help you - but I'm not going to do it for you!  You may not be the world's best, but I'll betcha that you'll learn!  Who knows - maybe you WILL be the world's best!

I've said many times before, I did not grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth.  No one went out of their way to make my life easier or do things for me & I'm quite alright with that.  All of that is what made me who I am today.  I won't just sit there & watch my kids struggle or get too upset before I step in - but I also won't let them succumb to the "do it for me".

Nope, it wasn't easy & yup - I could very well have been one of those who fell through the cracks - but I want-- and as long as I want, I keep going until I get.  That means I can & I will, so I try and I try.

Believe me, I was no poster child or shining example of how to be or what to do when I was growing up.  I was not always on the best path & I almost never chose the right road - but that's Ok.  I'm here now.

I'll admit, doing it wrong took me probably an extra 10 years or so extra to get where I am now.  I'm in no position to preach the don't do it - I definitely go by the do as I say, not as I do and follow the right path.
Yeah - I may have made it through the crap... but as I said, the road was a lot rockier & there was a lot more crap to wade through.

There is so much truth to the statement, "Once you hit rock bottom, there's only one place to look...UP!"

So yes you can!  Everyone can!!  It may not be the best or world's greatest, but who cares!  You CAN!

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!