Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

Acting on emotion...

I don't know about you, but I know that I personally have made some of my absolute worst decisions while acting solely on emotion.

I'm a very "in the moment" type of person.  I fly by the seat of my pants.  If it's good, I enjoy the ride.  If it's not, I look for the happy boat - or any way I can find to make the bad feeling go away.  I'd love to say that I've outgrown this as I've aged & matured.  Partially, yes - I have learned to think first before diving into a really big decisions, but mostly I look for ways to escape the ick.

I think about this quite often, as I am an example (eek) for my baby girl & other little ones who come through my house.  How good an example is it to teach to lead with your heart?  While the heart feels & wants what it wants - it is sooo often very, very wrong.  The paths it leads you down are often filled with more heartache.

When I was younger, my two worst decisions were based on loss and the emotion attached to it.  I lost my dad - mistake #1.  If my "mistake" reads this by any chance, nothing personal.  If that's even possible.
Big mistake #2 came after I learned that the person that I was absolutely head over heels with - well I'm not going to expand on that.  Let's just say I don't handle rejection well.  It's all good, because those "mistakes" were lessons that gave me more in ways that I never expected.  My mistakes led way to blessings.

Of course, my heart leads me around by the nose - but I'm a love bug.

I fully believe that you should always follow your heart to a certain point & suck up all the love.  I mean, how great is the Love High?  Like any other high, the head does need to take control and throw on the brakes.

I'm in a good place in my life.  A great place actually.  I wouldn't trade my life for anything.  This life is based on a foundation of love & of course God.  It's also based on not only listening to my heart, but checking in with my brain and God to keep me on the right course.

Emotion will always play a huge part in my life.  I am an emotional being.  I am a tad psychotic female at times - but I'll also give you anything you need at a mere say so.  I will yell at you for hurting my feelings, but I will also hold and comfort you when your heart breaks.  Yes, as a woman - I am a total emotional being who will always act on emotion.  I guess that's fine too.


Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!