Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Tribute to my dad on what would be his 69th birthday...

I’m sitting here at my computer listening to Pink Floyd & suddenly noting the separation of sound between speakers & silly enough – that brings a smile to my face.  It’s these type of things that help me to keep my dad alive in my heart on a regular basis.

Not many of you on here knew my dad & there’s only a few on here who knew my dad “when”.  My daddy was very “Peace, Love & Tie-Dye”, definitely not your conventional dad.  He was a “Dead Head” and a bit of a stoner.  He was also a very loving, peaceful, generous and kind soul – sort of lost in life.  Say what you want, he was my daddy & I idolized him.

It was my dad that taught me love & acceptance of others.  Not to see color when you look at people & that every person has a story.  If their story is sad, make them happy.  And that love is love - give it freely, give it often & give it with all your heart.  Giving love will only make you more beautiful.  He also taught me music – all of it.  Not just what was popular – all of it.  I can clearly remember being about, I don’t know… 7, maybe…  and my dad coming to the living room (probably stoned, as I reflect back) and he sat in his chair.  I sat on the foot stool beside him & he had me listen to Edgar Winter’s Frankenstein, lol.  I can clearly remember him telling me – “Ok, Jenny – listen to this part – it will BLOW YOUR MIND”  ha ha…  Of course, I had no clue what he was talking about, but I made sure to fall off the foot stool in an attempt to have it “blow my mind” lol   I was probably also the youngest participant at the Pink Floyd "Animals" concert at Madison Square Garden (with a contact high).  Daddy wanted me to experience music.  I'm so thankful for that.

Some people may be horrified to read this some of this, but it was a different time… the 70’s (eek)   
It may not have been everyone’s normal, but it was my normal.

This was my foundation.  It may not have been conventional, but it was built on love, a little bit of crazy and whole lot of music; Mickey Hart, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Edgar Winter, Queen and anything else that would blow my dad’s mind :o)
That’s how I remember my daddy…  He was the best.

This one’s for you, Daddy – Happy Birthday in Heaven.  Thank you for all you taught me.  I hope I make you proud!  I love you to the moon & back, forever & ever!

~My wish for every woman/girl – I hope you will always see the sun shining all around your daddy when you look at him. 
~For every dad – I hope your little girl will always looks at you with a twinkle in her eye.   

Peace, Love and Tie-Dye all!

Thank you for reading my blog.

xoxo

~Jenn

for my dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!