Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Making it a good day!

Part 2 of 3
Yesterday, prior to replacing my post with the "Who are YOU?" challenge, I had something completely different up.

It is true, I have been in a funk BUT that "Who are you?" challenge gave me a new perspective.  I read others and I wrote my own.  I also sat down and read many other blogs of people, like me, who have lived through the crap and made their way back to the sunshine.

No one promised me a rose garden.
If I want a rose garden, I need to plant my own.  That's what it really comes down to.  Yes, I could look for that someone else who will plant it for me, but that won't do any good.  It wouldn't be my garden.  It would be someone else's idea of what my garden should be.

I have an amazing husband.  He's my friend, my love, my partner.  He didn't give me my rose garden - though he would in a second.  It's not his job.  It's my job to plant my own rose garden then find the people in my life, like my husband, who will enhance it.  To find the good that's already in my life to nurture it.

There will always be weeds.  Some weeds are harder to see because they infiltrate themselves so well into your garden.   Sometimes those weeds look like flowers, and then you notice that they're choking back the beauty of your garden.  It's up to you to get rid of those weeds or at very least - trim them back so that they don't ruin the beauty.  They may be beautiful in a different area.

I've been really hung up for YEARS on what I've lost.


The loss is easier to see when it keeps kicking you down over and over again.  It's kicked me so many times and hurt my heart for so long that the really good stuff fell through the cracks.  The friends who've beat cancer and are still here.  The fact that I have regained my own health.  My husband getting hit by a car & doing more damage to the car.  My amazing son, who was such a challenge in his youth, now serving our country and making me so incredibly proud.  My beautiful daughter who makes me more proud every single day and the hope that our little chickadee may actually be ours.  This is the good stuff.

The stuff that should shine so much more brightly than the crap.  The stuff that I need to focus on when there are down days, overshadowed by the ick.

I will re-run the "ick" post again, but not because I'm feeling it.  It will be for those times, every once in a while, when the ick comes in.  We all need to be reminded that the ick is not real.  The ick is just trying to drag us all down.

The rain will fall, but the sun will shine.  Both are needed for your garden to flourish.

Life does hurt sometimes.  People will hurt you, but people will also love you.

Life may be crappy sometimes, but life is also good - really, really good!

Go make it a GOOD day!

Lots of love for a happy weekend!!

~Jenn

The Rain:
THE day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains,and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the mouldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
  And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains,and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the mouldering past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
  And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart, and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
  Some days must be dark and dreary.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Part 1:  Who are YOU?

8 comments:

  1. Sending you some Greek sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling my own 'ick' this morning... your post, the poem, it made me stop and look around a bit. I must say the ick is beginning to subside now. Thanks Jenn... I needed a little positive energy in my garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my absolute pleasure to shine some sunshine over on your garden :) I'm working on something else for Monday!! :) Stay tuned!! xxooxxooxxoo
      Thank you (and all of the rest of you here) for continually supporting me. You all help to blow that ick far, far away!

      Delete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!