Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thinking of yourself less than others....

I don't know why people continue to amaze me...

It's prior to 6 am on a weekday morning at Orlando International Airport.  I, of course, need to use the ladies room.  From my stall I hear a woman with a southern accent absolutely berating the Spanish cleaning woman in the bathroom.

The woman began speaking loudly, as if the woman not understanding English made her deaf, and I hear, "don't you understand - there are cockroaches flying around out in the open area landing on me and my food - what are you going to do about it?"  She went on with - "what do you mean you don't understand cockroach?  It's nasty that cockroaches are flying around while I'm eating."

I'm thinking...  Cockroaches fly and land on people??

As if this poor cleaning lady had the authority (or desire) to allow this rude woman to be free of flying insects... and the woman continued on & on, ending with - "I'm a good Christian woman - I deserve better than this...."

Really???  Because she sounded much more like a spoiled brat to me...

Part of me wanted to find this woman and call her out for calling herself a "good Christian woman" after the way she berated that poor woman, but I do know that would make me no better - the best I could do is smile to the poor cleaning lady and say thank you.

All I could think about was "Do unto others as you'd have done to you."

A little kindness goes a long way, and rude and ignorant generally go hand in hand.

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. ...as an aside - I looked up flying cockroaches. Although the Palmetto bug in Florida does fly & American cockroaches have the ability to fly - their lung capacity cannot sustain flight for long periods of time. Also, it was probably another type of bug flying around her - because I find Orlando Airport to be very clean.... In any case - Ignorance does tend to reign supreme - sadly. Have a great day all!

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!