Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Pet Peeve of the day...

There's truly nothing that annoys me more than what I call "What time is it, is that a clock on the wall?" type of question....

WHY, if you CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY know the answer to a question, would you continue to ask it?  Are you expecting a different answer??

I get it with kids.  Kids are seeking perpetual attention and will ask you three seconds after someone else asks what's for dinner, "Are we having spaghetti for dinner?"

I could really roll with the sarcasm on that - but I remember I'm dealing with children & respond correctly.

This feeling also goes for that contemptible question... What have you been doing all day??

Well shucks, honey.  It's a darn good thing you came home when you did.  Had you been here 10 minutes earlier, you'd have caught all of the magic fairies cooking dinner, doing laundry, cleaning the house and chasing the children around while my personal masseuse was packing up his belongings before you got here & giving me exactly 10 minutes to look busy...

Oh my gosh....

Mind you, I work outside of the home AND still continue to do "my" house "duties".  That question "what have you been doing all day?"  sounds more like - Why is your lazy butt still planted on the couch?  I clearly don't have my slippers & paper in hand yet or dinner in front of me.

I'm pretty sure that stay at home moms feel the same way.  Trust me - staying home, not easy!  You could clean your floors & dust every square inch of a room and within seconds small children will have spewed Cheerios, milk, juice & any toy that has a million little pieces EVERYWHERE - and then you need to clean it up again.  So when Daddy comes home & sees the mess everywhere - it's only because Mommy got sick of cleaning the same mess 5 times & just let it ride...

I am, of course, exaggerating some (but just some) for effect.  My husband does appreciate what I do around here and vice versa.  Every once in a while (like today) he spews ridiculousness like how he's ALWAYS been the one to do the grocery shopping sets me off & opens the current can of whoop ass that I am currently unleashing in my blog.

So in case you haven't noticed - and you are a male reading this... "What have you been doing all day?" - NOT the question you want to ask if you want to keep a smiling wife.

Remember, just because you don't actually see it happening - doesn't mean it's not being done :)

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!