Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

Stevie Nicks Concert - PNC Bank September 1, 2011

First let me say, that THIS may have been one of the best concerts I've ever seen!

I love Stevie Nicks & she has always been my all time favorite, but I've been to A LOT of concerts!

At age 63 years old, this woman totally rocks it out - and with such style & grace.  She is genuinely appreciative of her entire band and her fans / the audience.

I loved her interaction and her energy!  She is so genuine.

I bought the new CD (I was about so say album, lol) "In Your Dreams" on pre-order.  While I loved a few of the songs (Secret Love, For What it's Worth, Annabelle Lee), I was only feeling 'eh on some of the others.  Then she played them live.
Stevie's Soldier's Angel was absolutely amazing live.  I wasn't previously a fan of this particular song.
Check out the song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-n66HIh_W4 
What makes it better is her personal experience and story of what inspired her to write this song.  You can't get that just from listening to the CD.

She mostly played the new stuff to promote her album, but she played our fav's like Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, Leather & Lace (with her vocal coach).  I can't even begin to say how amazing it was.

As someone who writes, I appreciate an entertainer who pours her heart out on "paper" & brings it to life.  She really was just incredible!

And what a cast of characters at the concert.  Holy cow!  I thought people watching at Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village, NYC was bizarre.  This concert was a close second, and I do believe I was a youngin' last night!

There were much younger girlies there as well.  While waiting on line for the ladies room (because you know there's ALWAYS a line for the ladies room) I hear this little 20 something, when she sees a picture of Lindsey Buckingham, say, "Oh he's the one who wrote ALL the songs Stevie Nicks & Fleetwood Mac sing."  Really?  All the songs??  What are you, 12??  I kept my mouth shut!  (yes, mark your calendars - it happened!)

What a fun concert, and for the first time in a very long time - I smelled that certain aroma wafting through the air.  You don't smell that at Jonas Brother's concerts with 9 year old little girls.

If you're a fan, check out Stevie's new album - ugh, I mean CD.  "In Your Dreams"

I personally give it a 2 thumbs up :)

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

PS.  Happy Birthday September 1st to my Lynne!!  Love ya girlie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!