Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hurricane Irene in New Jersey - a week later

Looking back at my prior post on Hurricane Irene, I'm feeling pretty badly about my pre-hurricane post.

No one could have predicted how bad it was going to be for the inland folks here in Jersey.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.90119719152&type=1

Fortunately, the rivers have now receded & the flood waters are gone in most areas, but the destruction up and down the highway, not even a mile away from where I work is just awful.

Power is still out in many areas & emergency response is up and down the highway in several surrounding areas.  This doesn't even begin to call to mind the areas in South and Central New Jersey.

Currently being a PSE&G "widow", I can tell you that the utility companies are working their butts off to get things back up and running.  They are overwhelmed - genuinely.  Please hang in there.

I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have been spared the devastation that so many of my fellow Jersey (and upstate New York) friends and neighbors have suffered.

This post is for all of you.

If you are out of state & know someone from Jersey who may have been affected, please check in with them.  Jersey Pride runs tough, so even if they say everything is just fine (and you know they were flooded) you may want to help out in some way anyway.

If anyone that I know needs help with clean up, or anything at all - please let me know.

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!