Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Why did I come in here again??

You may have noticed that the print on my blog has gotten considerably larger since my first posting.

That would be because I have officially reached that stage in my life where my arms are too short, the print is too small and I can't see a darn thing.

How the heck did this all happen anyway???  Just the other day I was 20 something, or eh 30 something...  Well, whatever - so I'm doing a balancing act in the middle of the teeter totter - who cares??  Not me!  Age is just a number right??

I'll just keep reminding myself of that while I look a the size of my ever expanding butt in the mirror & rub cream into those eh hem "smile lines" of mine.

It could be worse, right??  There are so many positive things going on - I wrote them all down in my little notebook.  Crap where the heck did I put that.  Ok...  Oh, that's right - the notebook!  Let me get that.  Why am I in this room again??  Oh, to fold laundry...  Uh yeah....  I think the teeter totter has officially begun to tip to the other side and I'm starting to lose my balance!

So let's take inventory, shall we.  So far, I'm losing my eye sight.  I've lost my cute little chippie figure.  I've got all these new stupid little lines on my face and oh - did I mention to those pesky gray hairs...  No, of course not - I forgot!

To add insult to injury, while interviewing for job openings at my office - 3/4 of the candidates that apply for the job were born the year I graduated high school or later...  Ugh...

Mentally, I don't get it.  I genuinely believe that I can fit right in with the younger folk.  And while I'm thinking I'm incredibly cool - they're secretly rolling their eyes.  At least those young whipper snappers are polite :)

So here's to the old folk like us...  I SAID, HERE'S TO THE OLD FOLK LIKE US!

I swear, we'll still be the coolest bunch of seniors at the old folks home.  Right, dearie? 

Enjoy a beautiful day!!

Thank you for reading my blog.

~Jenn

"Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face" ~Truvy Jones "Steele Magnolias"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!