Total Pageviews

Monday, July 28, 2014

I'm not young & hot anymore..... :sigh:

There was a time when I could make things happen.

No, really.  I could get what I wanted, when I wanted with just a smile.

Ahhhh, those were the days.

The days when I had to say...

"Mmmm, scuze me... they don't talk back."
I think you understand what I'm saying.

I had my first "This is 40" (movie) moment.  If you're in your 40's check this movie out :)

The part of the movie I will now refer to is the part where Leslie Mann, as Debbie and Megan Fox as her younger, perkier worker, Desi are waiting online outside the night club and they tried their darndest to get in.

Because the club was was "too crowded" they had to wait on line for people to leave - yet the bouncer let all the young hot girls in without blinking an eye.

Debbie flipped out and said "What, I'm not HOT ENOUGH to get in?"
To that the bouncer quickly responded, "You're hot. You're plenty hot.  I can't let you in because you're OLD as f*ck."

O U C H!

Let's face it... I'm not dumb or delusional.  I KNOW I'm not 20 or 30 anything...nor am I trying to be.

I know that having kids and age in general has run up and down me from head to toe like a little Mack Truck.
Have I accepted my non-young hotness?  No - I have not.  I don't think any of us women ever really accept the fact that we can't always get our way by smiling and batting our eyes.  Deep down, no matter how old or fat or wrinkly we get - we still mentally think we are as hot as we were in our 20's & 30's.  Even just a little bit.

My husband and I went to the Toby Keith concert this past weekend. Super fun, I might add. Love me some Toby :)

The hubs ordered one of those refillable soda's and it became time to refill. The line at the concession stand was, of course, wrapped around all creation. (Beer line was good though, just sayin')  So we waited.  And waited.  And waited.


Now if you've read prior posts - you KNOW I have no patience for this.
I noticed a guy to the left - no line, refilling sodas.  So I told my husband to stay on line, I was going to hop over and get this soda refilled.  Ya know, using my feminine wiles and all.  So I proceed to hop over -- the guy looked at me like I was in his way or something.  I smile and hand him the cup.  "Can I get a refill please?"

You'd think I just keyed his car.
He looked back at me and said, "you need to wait on line."
Of course I noticed he'd refilled other people's cups before, so I continued "I just need a refill, I'm not buying anything."

"Ma'am (ugh, knife through the heart) "you NEED to wait on the line."

That's when I took another cold, hard look at the GIRLS - not just "people" who were getting super fast, no hassle refills.  Young, hot girls.  I noticed their perky boobs, fake undoubtedly.  Their itty bitty shorts showing 5 feet of non-cellulite legs.  I noticed their perfectly flawless skin and long flowing locks and suddenly - I got it.

It's not that I'm not hot.  It's that I'm OLD as f*ck!

Should there have been a 40 or 50 year old man at the counter, I may have been "In Like Fynn" but noooooooooo some snot nose little 20 something looking at me like I'm someone's grandma or something.

So I gave my husband back his cup and did the only appropriate thing at that moment....

I went over to the tequila tent.  Cheers!

Thank you for reading my blog!!

~Jenn

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. I'd have given you an instant refill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And you're a stronger person than I am after he called you Ma'am. I just may have thrown a punch or 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 or 50 is not old. But I also live in California the land of Botox, Fillers and friggin green juice.....lol

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!