Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One Year Ago Today - What a difference a year makes!

It's amazing how much difference a year makes.

I was "alerted" today to a post that I made on Facebook one year ago today.

Could you imagine, I was randomly inspired to blog at 4:16 pm on a Thursday afternoon by FACEBOOK???

At first I saw comments of concern from my friends and I was confused.  Then I checked out my post from April 17, 2013.

On that day, my family and I were incredibly upset because our hopes for adopting the short one were temporarily dashed.  One of the biological parents, although their rights were terminated, appealed the termination wanting to try to take the short one from us.  Appealing for custody.

Although at the time, we were still fairly certain we would never lose her - we never lost site of the fact that we are dealing with the state and a system whose main goal is family reunification.

We were worried.  We discussed the potential of this parent getting the child we now think of as ours.  It was a very difficult day after a difficult year and a half of courts, doctors, visitations and issues we helped the short one through.

I saw the post that I'd put on Facebook, basically letting my friends and family know how it went. That day, it was not a good post.

Here we are, today - a year later reminded that it's almost over.  Rights have officially and completely terminated and it's just a matter of a few weeks until the short one's name will finally be revealed.  Until she's legally a part of our family.

It was another reminder to me that the good is always there.  You just have to keep pressing ahead and trusting that what's meant to be will be.  Believing there is a light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Believe!

It's been a full year, today, since I felt so sad about one bad out come.

Today it's a new day.  It's a good day.  Things are moving forward in a positive direction.

What a difference a year makes!

Thank you for reading my blog!!

~Jenn

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. So glad it's one year later and everything has worked out!!!
    Big smoochies to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!