Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Comments make a difference... YOU make a difference.

Today I was reminded why I blog about the absolute SHIT that I have endured in my life.

Most of you know I don't usually swear in my blogs and on my page, but I think you get what I'm talking about when I refer to "absolute shit".


Life hasn't always been sunshine and flowers.  I had a crappy childhood.  I endured some "stuff" and many times created my own problems.  I have also lived though the suicides of both my dad and my brother.

 These are things I will NEVER, EVER, EVER get over.  EVER!

I miss my dad and my brother every single day.  No lie, I often beg God to give me a "pass" to hang out with them for one more time.  Just one time to hug them, to tell them the things I never got to tell them.  To say I love you and to find out why they left this place without even saying good bye.

This is the stuff that haunts me.

...But I get over it.  Otherwise I couldn't exist.
Some people call it strength - I call it survival.

Today, I got a comment on a post I'd written.  The post which was commented on was totally unrelated to the comment, but I got why this individual commented where they did.  Anonymity.

This person is someone who is struggling with being a survivor.  Someone who has lived every single day, after finding someone they love in a way no one ever wants to find a loved one.  Someone who has to live with that mental image that he has to overcome.  Someone who, as a result, struggles to see the amazing individual they are.

His comment brought me to tears.  He thanked me and let me know that my posts do help.  He told me that my posts made a difference in his life. To me, this is powerful.  To me - this is what it's all about.  Helping.

I blog for many reasons.  Sometimes it's to get rid of the stuff that's pounding into my head or making me angry, or hurting my heart.  Sometimes it's to turn that hurt into a resource that will help another.

Whatever I post is meant to help, not hurt.  Even the negative posts have a spin that is meant to bring about an ah ha moment.  Whether it's found or not is up to the reader.

I always say that if my posts help even one person - I am happy.

Thank you to this person who let me know I made a difference in their life.  That my post helped.

Thank you for reaching into your "inner hell" and making peace with it.

This is a Christmas gift to me like no other.

This season is tough for so many.  When depression takes its hold on you - shake it loose!  I know that sounds easier said than done - but you are here!  You are amazing and wonderful.  You are a survivor.

We are all survivors in our individual situations.

Take hold of it.  Own it.  Go be you - all of you.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  You are here, you are good, you are worth every single breath!

Thank you all so much for your love and support of my blog.

For those of you struggling, I love you so much.  Please find the good.  There is always good.

I am so incredibly blessed to have each and every one of you.  Your support of my blog is immeasurable. When it comes down to it, I'm just some chick from Jersey who doesn't know when to shut up.  Thank you all for continuing to listen!  <3

Total gratitude!

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I still absolutely love your blog!! Keep up the good posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I love blogging too. I am always so surprised and touched by the comments people leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love your blog. Your voice is precious. I thank you sincerely for choosing to make it heard. It was just what I needed to see today. I have bookmarked. :)

    May God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post! You DO make a difference. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to much of what you blog about. You do make a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!