Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Why yes, I am jumping on the Thanksgiving Bandwagon!

Tis the season to be outwardly thankful for the things in your life.
Personally, I'm thankful every single day for the things in my life - but saying that is exactly the same as the Valentines Day line of "I don't need a day to tell you I love you, I love you everyday."

Meh, truthfully?
I am thankful and I am totally going to jump on the thankful bandwagon!!  Why not?  It's a great thing.

The past few years have been, um...weird.  I've had health issues.  I've made a flaming a'hole of myself in some situations.  I've had wonderful lessons on friendship and loyalty.  I've been given an opportunity to to revive, rekindle & repair true friendships.  I've worked really hard to be healthy - mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually.  Yeah - It's been a great year!!  I'm thankful!!


Let's start with health:
I am truly thankful for my restored health.  I may never be 100% healthy, and that's OK.  I've got this.  It's been a long, crazy, stupid road.  I've written about it and all of the repercussions my health issues and the accompanying medication issues many times.  I'm so thankful to have been able to find the strength to work beyond all of that and get through the fog, the weirdness and the (manage) pain. I will always have an autoimmune disease (Lupus).  I will never take medication to help me with it again.  No matter how bad it gets, I never again want to be a cartoon character of myself.  I've got this and I'm so incredibly thankful!!


Lessons:
I'm thankful for learning true friendship.  It was a year of standing up to nonsense, in my own way.  I took a stand for my child.  I took a stand for loyalty toward others.  I learned that the old adage, "if everyone else is saying this and you're saying THIS, you must be lying" is not necessarily the truth. Some people are just wonderful liars.  I've learned that people aren't always what they seem to be and some people are easily led.  I've learned that I don't need to care about those things - that the truth always shines through eventually.  I can wait.  I'm thankful that I will always be true to who I am and my true friends will always shine through.


Unexpected Gifts:
I am thankful that after more than 20 years, and more than 7 years after his death - my brother's ex-fiancee has returned my brother's Navy things to me; his jacket, his dog tags, his pictures.  They had a bad break up.  She could have set them on fire, thrown them in the garbage - anything.  She instead chose to give these things back to me.  Even if it's more than 20 years later, I am truly grateful and thankful to have these things given to me.  My brother may be gone - but having such a big part of who he was back truly warms me.  For these gifts, I am thankful.


Core Friendships:
I am thankful for the ability to work on my core friendships that have suffered, or friendships that have fallen by the wayside because life gets in the way.  I've had most of my very close friends for more than 30 years.  As with any relationship, there are ups and downs and time issues.  Over the past year, I've been able to really work on repairing and rekindling friendships that mean something to me.  I'm beyond thankful to have these people back in my life.  People who know me to my core.  People who I will love until the end of time.  People I am truly thankful for.


The man I married:
I am always thankful for my amazing hubby.  I don't often write about my hubby... mostly because I write about the past.  The past is the past.  The present is sort of no one's business.  My hubby has stuck by me through thick and thin.  I'm no piece of cake.  I'm actually a huge pain in the ass and he puts up with my crap.  He loves me for who I am and the giant ball of crap locked in the closet.  I am truly thankful for all of my mistakes and idiocy of my past.  Some good, some bad - whatever it was led me to my husband and helped me to appreciate the amazing human that he is.  I truly relate to the song that says "God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."  Thankful!

My kids:
Well, this is a no brainer.  I'm always thankful for my kids - even when they're driving me crazy.  Most of my life, I just wanted to be a mom.  I'm incredibly thankful for the gift of being a mom.


YOU!!!
I'm thankful that even through the days that I haven't felt like blogging - that so many of you hung around and offered me words of encouragement or whatever.  I do not personally know many of you.  It truly means the world to me that you continue to support me.  I love you all for being here and I'm truly thankful to each and every one of you.  Thank you!

God:
More than anything, I am thankful to God who gives me everything.

So there it is...
My 2013 Thanksgiving list of thankfulness.  I'm pretty sure I'm grateful for all of these things every day - just like I said in the beginning, but ya know what... It's not so bad to have a day just to say Thank you!!!

Whether you are in the United States, where we celebrate Thanksgiving, or someplace else in the world, I wish each and every one of you a wonderful day of Thanks.

As always, thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!