Total Pageviews

Monday, October 7, 2013

TEN MINUTES!! I want my TEN MINUTES!!!

I hope you all read the title of this in the voice of the paperboy in the movie Better Off Dead...

Yeah, I know it's an 80's movie...  You youngins' can click on the word paperboy above :)

Here's the story...
For the past 6 years, through to the beginning of this year we've had the same bus, same bus schedule, every day for the entire school year.
Arrival time...8:14 AM on the nose.  It was a beautiful thing.

I was comfortable in that.
I woke the girls up at 7 am, fed them their breakfast, and got them going on their own.  When it got closer to time to leave, I'd holler out for my time checks to keep myself in order and we all did our thing.  Everything was perfectly scheduled.  My morning routine was a well greased wheel....
"Get the Led out" is on - time to take the dog out for a pee and get her into her crate.  8:10, out the door and to the bus stop.  8:14 bus arrives, kiddies go off to school, I go off to work.  All is right in Jenn Land.


If you don't know - I'm a creature of habit.  I work great on a schedule.  I like to know what to expect.  I can be really annoying in this way.  If I'm in forward motion - don't stop me to ask me for something.  I must complete the task I set forth to do - otherwise it will not only upset my apple cart, but I will probably completely forget about what I was headed to do.

I NEED MY SCHEDULE.

I loved our little bus schedule.  It was something I could count on.  I knew what to expect.  I had my time managed exactly correct so that all flowed smoothly.  No issues.  No ogre mommy yelling at the girls to get moving.  Peace and harmony abound and all that good stuff.

Not anymore.....
Suddenly, after 6 years of peace, harmony and total Kumbaya in my household on school days - the second week of school the transportation department decided to throw a wrench into my well greased wheels.  THIS YEAR we would be getting a new bus - a bigger bus AND a new schedule.  WHAT??

Wait, it gets better...
Not only did we get a new schedule - but the first day of the new schedule, they didn't even bother to tell us that the NEW pick up time would be 8:04 am....  8:04!

Do they not know what the loss of 10 minutes would do to my life???  To my household???

Suddenly the cue of "Get the Led out" no longer meant time to walk the dog... Now it means hurry the hell up - get out the door and to the bus stop before we miss the damn bus!

8:01 is not a smiley happy time for me now.  It's a holy crap - we're late.  I didn't make lunches yet.  The short one didn't brush her teeth.  Why is the dog upstairs?

CHAOS!

Is anyone feelin' me here??

Does the transportation department NOT get the importance of 10 minutes in the life of a working mom?  Heck - scratch that... ANY mom/dad/aunt/uncle/grandma/grandpa/caretaker of school age child.

Give It BACK!!  

10 minutes may as well be 3 hours.

You're coming 10 minutes early???  Sorry, no can do...

But we MUST do!  Ugh!

We are a few weeks into this new schedule now.  Do you think that it's working for us yet?  No!  It's not.

So come Monday, I have no other choice but to take my ten minutes from some place else.  I will dip into my quiet time, wake the girls up 10 minutes earlier and reprogram my life.  To hope to get out the door on time...

TEN MINUTES!!  I want my TEN MINUTES!!

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Ten minutes is the equivalent of at least an hour in mommy town. I totally agree with you on this! I hope this morning went better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you 100%. I can't tell you how many times I left the house without my train pass because my wife asked me a question! Most people will not understand your predicament. Just turn everything back 10 minutes. DOES NOT WORK!! Does the 6ix o'clock news change it's time to 5:50 just for you NO!! I think you will have to move to a house that is 10 minutes away from your current bus pick-up. So sorry.

    I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always make me smile :)

      Delete
  3. I can't help you on this one, honey. Ours come at 7:03 and 7:16. I long for the days when our bus came after 8. Heck I'd appreciate an 8:01 bus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year one will have the 6:50 bus & the other will have the 8:04... Guess I should count my blessings now :) My son was easy with the bus... I'd wake him, he'd dress & go... :)

      Delete
  4. 10 minutes IS a big deal! I take a 10 minute nap on the couch ever morning after I get out of bed, I couldn't give that up. Kuddos to you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did that to us too! Is it a Jersey thing? Majorly stressed out my kid. That 10 minutes makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!