Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 7, 2013

No-Compete Clause....



Growing up, I had step-siblings. Well, technically - I still do, but we lost touch when my (step) dad died.

The blended family life, as a child, was not always easy for me.  My step-sister was always going out of her way to compete with me some how, in some way.  She always needed to be better, prettier, have more, do more and try to make me feel badly about what she had.  What flippin' ever... I never really cared.  I'm not one to play that game.

If I want something badly enough - don't you worry, I'll get it.  Maybe not today, tomorrow, next week or next year, but I will get what I want & no one's going to stop me.  If I don't have it, I didn't want it that badly, trust me! (or I saw a reason that it wasn't in my best interest)

It was annoying, especially on the weekends when I didn't go to my dad's & she came to the house.  She'd come with her giant bag of make up and cake on a pile of crap on her face & eyes (we were like 14) I'd just go out as I was.  I didn't need it or want it.  She'd always tell me how I needed this kind of make up or that kind of make up to be prettier.  After all, her daddy always told her how beautiful she was & that I was the smart one... Ok - whatever - you can have that.  I have my own daddy telling me how beautiful AND smart that I am...  Again, who cares...

I'm not a joiner & I don't want to be.  I think that's why I'm still so even in that way - I don't play the game.  Don't care, don't need to care, don't want to care...  I'd much rather be individual and unique.  I love everyone & like I said, if I want something - I'll get it.

Feel free to come around me and throw down your cards - challenge me to whatever -- never mind, don't do that - I've never been one to back down to a double dog dare, lol...  Well anyway -- what's the point??

I'm secure enough about myself to feel ok with what I have and who I am.

I may not be Miss America - but that's Ok.  I may not have the best house, best car, biggest diamond - again, who cares -- if I wanted it - I'd have it...


I can't be bothered with the competition.

I don't see the point???  I'm good with who I am, if you're not good with who you are - I'm sorry for you.  I'm not interested in trying to step on someone else's face to be the queen bee.  I don't need to try to make others look bad to make myself feel better.  I'm just me and I'm good with that.

Go on and throw your compete clause elsewhere.  I will just walk away. This momma can't be bothered to play the game.

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

PS.  Despite how this post may appear, I do love my step-siblings dearly, miss them & wish them all the happiness in the world.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!