Total Pageviews

Friday, August 16, 2013

That whole "too nice" bit.... It gets old after a while...

"Too nice" is a place where I resided for entirely too long in my life.

Mostly when I was younger and didn't want people to think I wasn't nice.  :GASP:  Someone thinks I'm not nice...  Holy HELL -- let's do everything humanly possible to rectify that.

Ugh....  I'm ugh'ing at myself, because believe me - I was that person.  The people pleaser wanting to go above and beyond so people would think I'm nice.  Again.. UGH!

Ya know where "too nice" leads you??  It leads you to the end of the line, the bottom of the heap.  I don't want to be at the bottom of the heap.

Let's be real here...  The truth is that I don't mind doing things for people.  Heck - I LIKE doing things for people.  I'm just not interested in doing back flips and throwing myself out there like I used to - going above and beyond to get people to like me.  Especially when it's not appreciated.

It sort of sucks the wind out of your sails, ya know.  Not to mention, it's a great way to put yourself out there to have your feelings stepped on.

Can I get another UGH?

I'm not saying that people are ALWAYS unappreciative...just some people.

After a while you realize that sometimes people will just take advantage and hurt your feelings and that's that.  They won't necessarily notice, or sometimes they may not even care.  It just is what it is.  Some people have "mirror vision" and care only about themselves.


Oh - why am I sugar coating this?  Some people just suck.

They forget that there are other people on the planet and that it's not all about them.

Really, these people DO exist.

You may not realize it, because you're one of the good ones.  The ones who get that people actually have feelings.

Yet there are those people who WILL hurt your feelings, think nothing of it and move along.  The people who will take, take, take without even so much as a thank you  The people who will break your heart.

These are the people that you try the hardest to please, though... aren't they??

Thanks to "Just an ordinary girl, Life Unabridged" for posting this pic.
Yeah - I know, I get it... As I said, I used to be a people pleaser.  The one who wanted everyone to blow sunshine out of every orifice.

It happens all the time, especially with the younger kids.  I recognize it, because.. ya know - been there done that.

It makes me crazy to watch the people who are so good latch onto something so awful just to try to make it good.

As a foster parent, I see this way more often than I even want to say.  In the parents too, not just the kids...

The need for love and acceptance runs deep in every heart.

Everyone wants to be loved.  The truth is (as I quote my dearly departed friend, Bill Taylor) "there is a lid for every pot."  Not everyone is going to think you breathe sunshine and rainbows.  Not everyone is going to think you're all that and a bag of chips, and no matter how hard you try - not everyone will care how nice you are.

That's OK!

Go look in the mirror and fall in love with the person looking back at you.  Because the truth is - it doesn't matter how nice you are, how much you do for someone else, how much you love another - unless you first love yourself.

How can you love another if you don't love yourself & how can you believe someone loves you if you don't feel worthy of love?


The too nice bit... it gets old after a while.

Just be you.  Love yourself.  The rest will fall into place.

Thank you for reading my blog.

~Jenn

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

  1. Parts of this post were not very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was young someone I liked a lot told me that I was just an acquaintance, and that a real friend would do anything for you. For a long time I took this to heart and made sure I was the friend who would do ANYTHING for ANYONE... but then I realized how many people would pretend to be a friend just to take advantage of someone's "niceness."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how you can get mind screwed so easily so young? You just keep being YOU and if other's don't like it...well, too bad! Thank you for your support! <3

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes, yes!!!! The "too nice" thing does get old after a while, and it's exhausting to boot. Ugh!!!
    And you are so right. Some people do suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spend too much time "people pleasing"! I think I am starting to get away from that, but I catch myself still doing it sometimes. I do get tired of being taken advantage of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a reason sociopaths always make it to the top of the corporate ladder, they don't care if people like them.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!