Total Pageviews

Friday, August 23, 2013

I'll bet you think this post is about you...

REPOST from August 12, 2012

Remember that old Carly Simon song, "You're So Vain"?

That's kind of how I feel sometimes when folks read my blog and call me out.

I'll bet you think this blog is about you, don't you, don't youuuuuu....

Every once in a while, I put something out there & have someone wondering or even asking, "Is that about me?" or just assume it is and flat out assault me.

Maybe a little strong, but you get the point.

To set the record straight, unless I've specifically named you or given you a private heads up...It's not about you.  OK, maybe that's not completely true - because I have used some real examples without saying so, but they're not always negative examples.

Besides, I have angry blogged AND told the person they were being blogged.  See, no problems...If I didn't tell you,  It's not you!

Come on folks...  Has anyone here, who reads my blog, ever felt that I was afraid to speak my mind?  Ever??  Yeah - I didn't think so.

Rest assured, if you're my friend or someone who knows me on a regular basis - you should know that if I have an issue - I'll tell you.  I'm not going to blog you.  I have no problem confronting my issues directly.

Mostly my writings are past experiences, generalizations and things I've seen over and over again. Many times I post something I'd written a year ago, when certain things WERE relevant, but I didn't want to put them out there.  Some things have nothing at all to do with me or my life at all.  I just aim & shoot write & post.  If it hits you, sorry 'bout that.  I wasn't aiming at you directly - but if it hits home with you and I haven't given you a heads up - that's on you, not me.  Check your heart.  Maybe there's a reason for it to sting.  That's for you to decide.  Not me.


I always say that we humans have so many common threads.  We're all so alike, yet so different.  Many times I'll say something & have someone say - wow, that's exactly how I feel today - or who told you that - or why did you say that?  Really, it's not you!  Really!

It is my hope that my thoughts and opinions and experiences - the good, the bad and the ugly will connect with someone.  I hope that there's something that I have done right (or even wrong) that can help someone else, or even put things in a different perspective of, "Hey - I never thought of that" or even "Wow, that's REALLY messed up - I won't try that."

What I can tell you - is that if you know me, you're pissed off about a post & you haven't received a heads up in advance - it's not about you.  Get over it!

Now take this kiss & move on, will ya?  :)

Thank you for reading my blog!

Hugs & Smoochies!

~Jenn

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. So what are you saying about me??? I feel like somehow that was directed at me, personally!!
    **thinks hard about when I pissed Jenn off


    :)

    I agree, I speak my mind. If I've got something to say, I'll say it TO you, not blog about it. That's how I roll.

    Teri
    Snarkfest

    ReplyDelete
  2. On another note than people being vain, I love that freaking song!! And - of course - when I read your sentence including it, I instantly read it with the soothing sounds of Carly Simon singing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be partly because there really are people who do that on purpose. I have a lot of youngsters in the 14 to 21 age-set as Facebook friends (some are my little stepsisters' friends and some are kids I've worked with in the past) and they do that a lot. Like they'll post something like, "Okay, I am tired of being used by my friends! If you want to blow me off, then fine, but from now on don't come asking me for favors!" And you know it is directed to ONE person who blew her off, say, last night. And twenty kids will comment saying, "Are you talking about ME?" Maybe we're all just becoming conditioned to being paranoid about someone passive aggressively posting about us!

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!