Total Pageviews

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Battle Royal... A woman's vs a man's point of view


Men and women think and do things completely different from each other.

Growing up, I can clearly remember my brother and his friends getting pissed off at, then beating the ever living crap out of each other.  Calling each other & each other's mothers the worst names on the planet.  A few hours later - it was over.  They were drinking beer together and laughing it up as if nothing had happened.

Women?  Don't cross us.  EVER.  We will hate you, your family and everyone you come into contact with for days, weeks and maybe years to come - depending upon the offense.  Go ahead, make it worse by perpetuating it.  I assure you - it won't go well.  It seldom does.  Mostly it takes an act of God to bring things back around.  Situation sensitive, of course.

I've had issues in the past.
I often bear personal situations here.  In saying this, the proceeding is not to be taken in a negative way.
A few months ago, my BFF and I had a knock down, drag out fight.  I was pissed.  I went off.  I pissed her off.  She went off.  We are both very strong minded, stubborn women.  It wasn't pretty. Trust me.  Feelings were hurt. Hearts were broken.  We didn't speak for almost 5 months.  We've been friends since the 8th grade.  We talk almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day.  We've traveled together.  We know each other's families. We've celebrated & mourned together.  We know each other's secrets.  We know where the bodies are buried, metaphorically.  Still, we did not speak in all that time.  It hurt - but it just became easier and easier to stay away. To hide from it.

Ya know what brought it back around?  Sadly, the death of our very good friend.  A smack in the face, that all the hurt and bitterness just wasn't worth it.  It took an act of God.

That's how it goes with we women folk.  We are emotional beings.  We take it to heart and it stays there.  It burns deep.  The closer you are to the person you have conflict with - the deeper the wound. The longer the healing.

No!

We can't / don't just beat the hell out of each other, have a drink and get over it.  We internalize it.  We brood upon it, and if the nonsense continues in some way - it escalates to the point of no return.

Men don't get that.  Men see than and think - 'mannnnn, you women are friggin' nuts!'  Maybe, but it's our psychosis and you'll never get it so back off man person or you're next.

Heaven FORBID someone tries to get in between that.
Hmmmm  I'd think twice about that. Men may be physically stronger - but we women? Don't mess with us. You will have emotional scars for decades.  Just sayin'.

No, it's not cool, it just is.  Deal with it, because it won't change.  As long as women are emotional beings - we will feel, deeply.  The good and the bad.

I know not all women are this way.  I know I'm generalizing here.  I also know I'm not far off base.

It's something that the men-folk will never get, and that's OK.  Men and women will always react differently...

It's about accepting the differences - and perhaps treading lightly.  Um, or beating the hell out of each other...  Your choice.

Have a great day!!

Lots of Love,

Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Very true. Women will remember every last detail of an arguement from 15 years ago like it happened yesterday. We take everything to heart even if it wasn't meant to go there. Although sometimes I do wish I wasn't so gosh darn emotional!

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!