Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kickboxing is kicking my arse....


If you've followed along with me at all over on my FaceCrack page (a.k.a. Facebook) you may have noticed I've taken a giant leap into the wonderful world of kickboxing over the past few months...

This is how I picture me.
It all looks good on paper..... Yes, Jenn - you can kick and punch the crap out of something and call it exercise.

I'm thinking...Hmmm, I can kick and punch something really, really hard and I won't hurt anyone?  Or get hit
back?  Where do I sign, where do I sign?

Here, let me get a pin to prick your finger with - because you're signing in blood :)

All that sarcasm up there... cast it aside.
Just don't cast it too far because my muscles are aching like you can't believe and I don't want to have to reach.

Truth - I love this crap!
I can kick and punch things - get my frustrations out while exercising!

Another truth - it is the hardest work out I've ever done in my life.  I used to totally wimp out after 40 minutes, but I just keep on going.

Hand me my coffee cup, will ya?  I'm having a little difficulty lifting it right now...


Let me tell you my kickboxing story...
I started back in February.  The Wednesday before I was schedule to go visit my son in San Diego.  I kicked, I punched, I exercised and the next day - I hurt like hell.  The day after that, I got the flu.  UG.
So I didn't go back for a while - a two week while, actually, and then I went back.

Still recovering on week #3 of the now respiratory version of the fabulous flu.  I can't breathe and my energy level is zapped.
There's Mr. Shiek -- knees up higher - higher.  Kick, Kick.
Dude, I'm an old bag -- one of the oldest in the class.  Mercy, I ask...
Yet he continues...Push yourself, push yourself.  Lunge, squat, kick -- Here, catch these 5 lb weights and do it again.  Now squat and jump to the ceiling.  Medicine ball time...Jump squat, jump squat.


WHAT??  Why am I jumping?  Is there a mouse somewhere??  Holy hell - what did I sign up for.  Move, move - he says.  So I'm moving and gasping for air.  Sweat is pouring from my brow like it's trying to escape my body and all I want is a small sip of water... hell, I want to dunk my head into a barrel of water and just stay there.  Where do you thing you'rrrrrrre going, missy??  Jump, jump higher - faster now kick, kick, kick - punch, punch, punch.  I think I hate him.  I told him so.  I told him, "Mr. Sheik - tomorrow, we may not be friends."  He laughed his evil laugh and told me to straighten my back and do 20 more squats....  faster....

You wanted this Jenn -- you asked for it.  Oh wait, that was children.... Well same crap - children is what put my body into this state.  Children is what kicked my once beautiful six pack abs into a squishyy old milk carton.

More truth...  I started in February.  During that month I went maybe 3 times total.  Maybe.  In March, I started to build up to 2 -3 times a week faithfully.

Do I still ache afterwards?  You bet your sweet cheeks I do!  BUT, I keep losing weight!  I am stronger and can do almost the entire class without too many breaks.  I look forward to going.  I WANT to go.

Not only because I can kick and punch the crap out of inanimate objects, but because I am weirdly looking forward to the pain that I will feel on day #2 because that means I am doing something!  It means that at almost 50, this chick is working back toward my 20 something physique.  Ok, 30 something physique.  I'll take it!!!

Let me be very clear.... I HATE to exercise. I LOVE kickboxing.

How incredibly weird is that?

Thank you for reading my mish mosh of whatever today.

I know it's not my most fabulous post, but it will help someone.  Right??

Have a wonderful day!!

~Jenn

4 comments:

  1. I do get it. I felt that way about walking (4 miles pushing a double stroller, daily). I had a hard time getting myself out the door, but once I did I could think, sing with the kids, walk, run, work off stress. I hated it but I loved it. But kickboxing, now that I have teens I'm thinking that's something I should try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start boxing next week and I am excited to punch something!!! I never thought exercise would become a part of my life but it has and let me tell you when I don't do it I feel uber bitchy and not as relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommy Bags and kick boxing...that is a scary thought!

      Delete
  3. Your awesome Jenn, keep up the great work! I used to kick box 4 times a week before i had kids and loved every minute i was in the gym. You have been an inspiration to me since i started reading you blog i think you have convinced me to get my butt back in the gym. Thank you, not only for this post but all your others!

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!