Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Just a rant.....

Sometimes people seem to forget that just because someone has a secure exterior and seems tough doesn't mean that they are incapable of having their feelings hurt.

It means that they don't want you to see their vulnerabilities.  They hide their feelings to keep you from hurting them more.  They put on the mask.  They put on the suit of armor and they face it, maintaining their facade.

I'm over the top.  I get that.  Everything I do is... exaggerated, for lack of a better term.  I love big.  I give big.  I goof off big.  I try to do big things to make a difference for people - WITHOUT EXPECTING A RETURN.

I try to be a good person and be helpful.  It makes me feel good to help others.  For no other reason than to do good.

So when someone tears me down to my very being and tries to tell people that I'm "psycho" or "needy" or "phoney" it hurts my feelings.

Especially because I am none of those things.

Liking to keep people who mean something to me in my life doesn't make me a psycho stalker.  Being nice and trying to help people doesn't make me needy and standing up for myself or others I care about doesn't make me a bitch.

Maybe, before looking at me and pointing your finger - you should instead look in the mirror and look at the person YOU are.  Look at why YOU are where you are in your life that makes you feel that you need to drag others down to feel better about yourself.

None of what is said speaks of MY character - it speaks of yours.

I am flesh & blood - not Teflon.

Just because I continue to wear a smile and act appropriately doesn't mean I don't know what you've said, or done.  It means that I'm a bigger person.

No, I'm not going to discuss where this all came from.

All I will say is -

Check you heart.  Check your conscience.

If you can be 100% confident that you haven't done anything to hurt anyone recently.  Good.

If you're wondering if it's you I'm speaking of, that would be something to take into consideration.

I may not be perfect, but I am me.  I am the best me that I could be.  I'm happy with me, and that's all that matters.

Are you happy with you?

Think about it...

Have a wonderful day & thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

** After post disclaimer:  Thank you to all who've privately messaged me on this.  Many times I write things in the first person to make a point with regard to a situation around me.  It's easier to make it about myself, rather than call anyone out.  I really am OK and it's really not "me" I'm writing about.  You people make me smile!  Thank you for your concern! **

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Good advice to live life by. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! People can be just plain cruel anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from your lips to Gods ears... LOVE IT! Couldn't have said it any better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you have had your rant, drop it, when analysing any criticism always consider the source. Two negatives = a positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say.... I love you people!! I got a few in-box messages asking if I was OK. Love you, Love you!! I'm actually GREAT!!! Sometimes I just need to make a point. I could totally see myself feeling like this at some point in time, though. <3

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!