Total Pageviews

Monday, April 8, 2013

Dear Me: Lighten the Flock Up, will ya?

 

I haven't written much in my "Dear Me:" series lately...

Every once in a while I do something incredibly stupid and I think, wow, that's a teachable moment - for someone. Clearly not me, because I keep making the same dumb mistakes over and over again.  So someone else.  Definitely someone else.

I have issues.

Not the worst thing in the world, we've ALL got issues. Some are just better at hiding them than others.

My teachable moment today is overcompensating for the stupidity you may have caused.

I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people who, when I create a situation that makes me feel incredibly bad, will back pedal and work constantly to try to rectify the situation.  Many times my rectification being worse than the "original sin." Hence making the situation worse than when it first occurred.

I will also continue to beat myself up about the damage that was created and feel bad and guilty until I am absolutely positive that the person that I have wronged (for lack of a better word) has openly forgiven me and made me feel all warm and cozy.

Yes, this is an issues. It is also an issue that has been to both my favor and detriment in my life.

People in my day to day life get me and blow it off with a "Pfft, that's just Jenn. She means no harm."  Others that may not know me as well - meh, not so much.

These are the things I beat myself up about and borderline obsess over.
Ok, kill the whole borderline thing...


I'm told it's a Virgo trait.
We want to be adored and revered.
Thought of as pure and all things sunshine and flowers.
Being thought of any differently will not do!

Well, here's this blog - so clearly I step in it from time to time and I fall from grace. Eventually I get over it.  No I don't...I beat myself up over it on a regular basis.  Remember?

What I need to do is to just lighten up and let it go!

Quit beating myself up over stupid crap - and for the love of all that's holy, do NOT try to make it better. That just never works out.

Let time heal it. Let it work itself out. If it's meant to turn around and be fixed - it will be fixed.

Obsessively trying to back pedal and rectify is not the answer.

Lighten the flock up, will ya??

Thank you for reading my blog!!

Have a great day!

~Jenn Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I am the same way! Any time I cause a problem and try to fixe it, I always make it worse. I guess it is a curse of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with maturity comes the realization that not everything can or should be changed or fixed. I'm learning to let go, and finding that sometimes I'm better off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got more issues than the magazine rack at Barnes & Noble and I'm the same way - I beat myself up over it. We've got to go easy on ourselves though. Nobody's perfect and life ain't easy. Like Karen said about letting go, I try to do that too. It's so much better for my piece of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time will heal the wounds, unless you keep poking at the fire...then you just make matters even worse than they were before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! And I'm a Virgo. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS

    I have something for you over my way, if you choose to accept.:-)

    4/10/13

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am exactly the same way. Must be a "super cool person" trait, that's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!