Total Pageviews

Friday, February 8, 2013

Who the Hell Am I? Pfft… Who the hell are you??

Ohhh so you like that, huh??  I may have tricked you a little.  Unless, of course, you’ve been tagged.  Even if you haven't been tagged, feel free to play along anyway.  (I’d love that)

Let me tell you a little of what is going on here.  I've been tagged by Marcia over at Menopausal Mother (who was tagged by Karen at Baking in a Tornado) to answer a list of questions from a game that originally surfaced on Facebook many years ago.  Let’s call it getting to know you… Or WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

Once upon a time there were 45 questions in this game.  Marcia kindly lowered it to 25 to save our sanity and combined various questions from both bloggers before.

You don’t have to read all the way through…but let’s face it, you clicked the link – you opened it and got this far.  CLEARLY you want to know who I am!

So let's roll, shall we?

1.  WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
I was born a poor black child…  Oooh, wrong movie.  Sorry…  I was born in Bergen County, NJ.  You wanna know the rest, ask my mother.  She was there and has way more detail than I do.  Garsh, my head was squeezed to death making my entry.  How much do you expect ME to remember?

2.  WERE YOU NAMED AFTER SOMEONE?
Not that I’m aware of.  At the time, my name was thought to be very unique.  Special, one of a kind.  Hey, just like all the other JENNIFERs around….  We’re one unique bunch.  Nope, no other name like it.
ONE.OF.A.KIND – OK, Well maybe that’s just me one of a kind.

3.  IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE?
Currently have 3 of the best children I could ask for.  I say "currently" because 2 are my bio kids & one is a foster.  Hoping to make the short one a legal part of our family.  Many children have come through our household – and I count them all as mine.

4.  HOW MANY PETS DO YOU HAVE?
2 cats, 2 fish and a frog.  Nothing too fabulous.

5.  YOUR WORST INJURY?
I don’t know…  I was dropped on my head as a child, which explains a lot.  Not sure I’ve broken anything.  Oh… Car crash when I was preggo with my son.  Messed my back up pretty good for a while.  Other than that, I’ve got Lupus – which makes me feel injured pretty much every day in the cold weather or rain.

6.  DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
That’s a little personal, don’t you think?  I mean…sheesh, this is a PG rated blog.


7.  WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE THING TO BAKE?
Bake??  Bahahaha...I don’t bake and if I did, you wouldn't want to eat it. God created bakeries JUST.FOR.ME.  Really.  He whispered it to me when I was very young… He said, “Jenn, you will never have to be crafty and creative in the baking sense.  There will always be someone doing it for you.” And voila…Bakeries.  Bakeries of every kind.  Pastry, Italian, German… You pick it, there’s a bakery and they’ll decorate it and put it in a pretty box and everything.

8.  FAVORITE FAST FOOD?
Not really a fan of “fast food” to be honest.  I will in a hurry and it’s usually a place of convenience that I can pass off as real food.  Wendy’s is on the way home in most cases and if I need to punish myself with gastrointestinal issues, I’ll hit Taco Bell.

9.  WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Once upon a time, when I was young, single and stupid, I’d say YES!!  It was during my time spent in St Pete when it was very popular, that I saw several snapping bungee cord injuries.  Yes there was that big air pillow to land on, but not without some sort of injury. So no.  No bungee jumping for me.  I am, however going to jump out of a plane next weekend!

10.  WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
It’s two things for me – because it’s the combination.  Eyes and smile.  Both tell you a lot about a person.  A sweet smile will capture me every time & if there are beautiful, honest eyes attached….I’m hooked!  After all, the eyes are the window to the soul...

11.  WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Ohhhh, I’ve been crying on and off the past 2 ½ days.  My dear, sweet friend, Ed passed away on Wednesday afternoon.  He was an important piece to our little group.  He was much of the glue that keeps us all together.  The person you could call when no one else wanted to go out and play, that was always up for it.  Yup, a little piece of my heart went with him.  Good friend.  Great human.

12.  ANY CURRENT WORRIES?
Yes, but legalities prevent me from discussing it – ever.  Meh….my IRL people know what’s going on around me.  Sorry cyber-space…  I have to leave you hanging.

13.  NAME 3 DRINKS THAT YOU DRINK REGULARLY:
Duh…. Coffee, followed by water and only trailing by wine due to the fact that they frown upon drunkards in the office.  Damn rules!  Oh, and since Valentine’s Day is coming… Alamos Malbec is my fave.  Yes, it’s cheap wine… I’m a cheap date.

14.  WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
I have a secret literary love affair going on with both James Patterson and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow followed closely by the very dark Mr. Poe.

15.  WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A PIRATE?
Nah… Us women folk always get stuck doing wenchly duties & I don’t wanna play.  I could probably hold my own in a sword fight, but when it comes to brute strength – I’d lose.  Ya know, because of all the rum I’d consumed ;)

16.  FAVORITE SMELLS?
Honeysuckle, the head of a newborn baby and Pine Sol.  Yeah, I know that’s a bit all over the place but you asked.

17.  WHY DO YOU BLOG?  
I first started blogging to get my creative juices flowing and get my book finished.  Then it became a great outlet for the crap I’d been holding onto.  Turns out I scrapped at least two of the books for personal reasons & it turns out – I’m just a big attention whore.

Add caption
18.  WHAT SONG DO YOU WANT PLAYED AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Silver Springs by Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac – Yeah, I know that’s weird – but let me explain.  Once upon a time, that song was very connected to someone that I used to love.  Life and heart ache took me in many directions and I’ve grown.  That song now represents for me the person I used to be.  It reminds me what I’ve learned and who I have become. It also reminds me that there will always be pain in my life.  Things and people will hurt me from time to time.  I will get over it and like it or not they will always remember me.
“Time casts a spell on you, but you won't forget me.” 
Yeah, I know I’m not explaining it right and it may sounds a little creepy – but well, it is what it is.  If you click here:  Silver Springs. You can hear it.  If you click the title at the top, you can see the lyrics.  Maybe you'll get a better feel of what I mean.

19.  WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Two things; the first is that I don’t know when to shut the heck up.  My mouth just goes and goes and once it’s out there and I realize what I’ve said I can’t pull it back.  The second part of that is that I hate to have made an ass of myself and/or hurt others so I will obsessively go above and beyond what is called for to rectify the situation until I’m sure it’s fixed.  Redemption is NOT my strong suit.

20.  FAVORITE HOBBY?
Writing.  It takes me out of my head.  That is why I continue to blog; If things get to me, if I’m happy, sad, lonely, insecure or I see a wrong done to someone – I blog it.  Externally – I like to landscape using what I’ve already got.  I’ve built 4 separate rock “structures” in my yard from rocks that were either there – or I dug up.   I live in the mountains.  There are a lot of rocks!

21.  WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A FRIEND?
Loyalty and honesty above all.  I’m a loyal friend.  If I’ve put you #1 on my friend list – you come first.  Period.  I may have 900 other friends, but if you need – they need to wait.  I hope for the same in return.

22.  NAME SOMETHING YOU'VE DONE THAT YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D DO:
Become a foster parent.  I have seen other people do it, and I always asked the same thing that people ask me – “How do you give them back?  I could never give them back.”  It’s worth it – every single second.  We’ve been fortunate that the children that have come through our home have gone to good places.  If they didn’t – we don’t know about it.  Yes, we miss them and yes it’s hard to give them back.  Yes,  you get attached – but the rewards outweigh the heart ache.  You move on.

23.  FAVORITE FUN THINGS TO DO?
I am very music motivated.  I LOVE music & I go to concerts as often as possible.  I had a short hiatus after my daughter was born and when she was in toddler-dom, but now – I go as often as I can.  Live Nation has become a thorn in my husband’s side :)

24.  ANY PET PEEVES?
Liars.  Don’t friggin’ lie to me.  I’d rather be pissed off and hurt by the truth than deceived.
Oh, and traffic.  I hate to admit this – but I can tend to a little Road Rage.  You do NOT want to drive with me when I am in city traffic or there are a lot of cars around me.  Everyone in any car other than mine is an idiot & doesn’t know how to drive.

25.  WHAT'S THE LAST THING THAT MADE YOU LAUGH?
The same thing that made me cry.  When someone you love dies, you launch into nostalgia mode.  At least I do.  Maybe it’s a protective measure my brain has taken, who knows.  My mind has been going across the board nostalgic over the past few days & it’s included many of my friends and many situations.  Some made me burst out laughing – alone, like a mental patient.  I love that!   
Ed Cussick - June 5, 1965 - February 6, 2013
Rest in Peace My Friend.
You are loved

OK…  time to wakey, wakey.  I’m done.

It’s OK – I’m not all that interesting.  I may think I’m all that and a bag of chips – but it’s cool if you think I’m a puddle of water and a left over baloney sandwich.  Hey, you wanted to know … so thanks for hanging tough!

Now I'm going to tag 10 bloggers for this challenge right now.  I don't have the energy to think of 20 right now, but I'll come back and update :)

Some are new blogs to me while others have been "bloggy buddies" for a while and yes, I just copied Marcia word for word in these last few paragraphs.

I’d love to see them take part in this little blog love fest… because now you know who the hell I am.  Now who the hell are you?

You in?

Here are the bloggies I’m tagging.  I do just love them all – please go check ‘em out – or not.  I’ll never know.  They’re good for a giggle, a cry or full on belly laugh.  See for yourself.

I love these blogs - if you don't know 'em - feel free to check them out.

As always my fabulous buckets of love…Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

8 comments:

  1. You ARE all that and a bag of chips AND a soda (diet, but large). You did such a great job with this I didn't even notice how long it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! And I'm impressed you were able to do this in one day with the kids around! Holy crap woman you are officially my hero now. You answered the questions beautifully--I was laughing from the beginning (my husband ALWAYS says the same thing: "I was born a poor black child.." big Steve Martin fan here!). Yup--you nailed it. Thanks for playing along! Smoochies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun reading and not boring at all as you might have thought! I now know more things about you! I've been tagged, too, by Marcia and I must get to it. Gotta find time cause this looks like fun (in a gossipy, curious kinda way!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopping by again to let you know that I put my 'award accepting' post up. Thank you again!

      Delete
  4. This was great! I wish you'd have done the full 45 question version. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 this Mama!!! You made me laugh and you are no soggy bologna sammich to me! And Silver Spring- one of my absolute faves from Fleetwood Mac- I once spent a whole year wearing ridiculous flowing skirts and idolizing/ emulating Stevie Nicks. And now perhaps I've shared too much! Thanks for the tag- it's gonna take me a while what with the littles hangin off of me LOL. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Jerk reference and I'm SOOOOO in love with Alamos Malbec!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading this! I like to know more about the people behind the blogs I follow!!!! I'm down with Diet Dew - learning to like wine - into the sweet whites now.....but margaritas and ameretto are my favs....

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!