Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Look Who Got a Liebster!!


I am incredibly honored and overwhelmed that The Madness of Mommyhood even thought of lil ol me for this award! 

Thank you SO INCREDIBLY MUCH!

Ya know when you're a fan of another blog or page, you think – "Pfft, they don't even know I'm alive."  Well, guess what?  SHE KNOWS I'M ALIVE, SHE KNOWS I'M ALIVE!!!   So yeah, I'm doing back flips across the room.  (OK well in my brain I am, sheesh.)

Never heard of the "Leibster Award?” 
Well, let me tell you - it's beyond an honor to receive.
Why?  It's a nomination given to you by another blogger - your peer.
That's amazing and wonderful!
It's way better than being in the phone book!!
People know your name!!
You're somebody!
(think the movie, The Jerk)

In all seriousness, this blog award is meant for and given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers on their blog page.  Bloggers who pour their heart out through their fingers and into the blog-o-sphere & who deserve our recognition and support.
Again, I’m honored.

The reason the award is passed on to other bloggers is to help spread the word!
To provide recognition and have another person feel the "she knows my name" feeling while getting to know each other.

So again, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!


From what was passed on to me, my predecessors have researched the word leibster.

Leibster is a German word meaning; sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
That alone makes me smile.

The Rules are simple:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.

Drum roll please, as I prepare to pass the torch...


1.  A Mom's Life http://rylansfamily.blogspot.com/
2.  A.D.D. Music Mamma http://addmusicmamma.blogspot.com/
3.  Blisfully Discontented http://blissfullydiscontented.blogspot.com/
4.  Snarkfest:  http://snarkfestblog.blogspot.com/
5.  Mommy Drinks because You Cry http://glugglugmommy.blogspot.com/
6.  Sooperdad Blog of Awesomeness:  http://sooperdad.blogspot.com/
7.  Story of a Girl:  http://liveunscripteduncut.blogspot.com/
8.  Deezy Does It:  http://deezydoesiteezy.blogspot.com/
9.  Miss Banana Pants:  http://missbananapants.blogspot.com/
10.  The Greek Housewife:  http://thegreekhousewife.blogspot.com/
11.  The Epistolarians:  http://theepistolarians.blogspot.com/
11 ½ The Plucky Procrasinator:  http://pluckyprocrastinator.blogspot.com/

 I needed to cheat... because My Plucky Girl DESERVES this!


11 Questions Presented to Me:

1. Where do you live?
I live in New Jersey
2. What is your favorite book?
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
3. What is your favorite hobby (besides blogging)?
Traveling.  If I had endless time and funds, I would travel constantly.
I love seeing different places & experiencing different cultures.  Even here in the US.
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Prime Rib & Roasted Veggies
5. If they made a movie of your life, who would you pick to play you?
Hayden Panettiere.  The girl’s got spunk!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Someplace warm & tropical.
7.  Do you have a lucky charm?
Yes, it’s the heart key chain my son made for me when he was in 3rd grade.
8. What is your birth sign?
Virgo
9. Name one thing on your bucket list.
Sky diving
10. What is your favorite candy?
Lindt Lindor White Chocolate Truffles
11. What was the saddest moment in your life?
When my brother, Eric died.

11 Random Facts About Me:

1. I am the happiest in my life now, than I have ever been.

2. I have 2 biological children who are 10 years apart.

3. I am a foster parent, because I love kids & believe every kid deserves to feel safe and loved.

4. I got my one and only tattoo at 42.

5. I love to watch “kiddie” shows (ala Pretty Little Liars).

6. I  was and always will be a daddy’s girl and I miss both my dad & step dad terribly. 
(gotta partially steal this one because it applies for me as well)

7. I am a pretty tough chick.  I’ve been through a lot and I don’t quit.

8. I still refer to my baby brother as my baby brother even though he’s 41.

9.  I am totally addicted to coffee.

10. I am an incredibly proud Navy momma.

11. I survived 2 suicides in my family – my dad & my brother.

11 Questions for my nominees:

1.  Who in your life do you most wish to be like?

2.  Other than parenting, what is your greatest accomplishment?

3.  If you had your choice of living in a region where it’s either only cold all the time or only hot all the time, which would you pick?

4.  What is your biggest phobia?  (ie: birds, snakes, spiders)

5.   How old were you when you got your first paying job?

6.  What do you like the best about where you live?

7.  What is the one place you’d most like to visit before you die? 

8.   What one piece of knowledge, that you’ve learned from your own experience, do you find most important to pass on to your child?

9.  Early bird or night owl?

10.  What is your favorite meal to cook?  (opening a can of spaghetti o’s counts)

11.   If you found out you were expecting a child, how would you react?

Thank you again to my wonderful and amazing presenter The Madness of Mommyhood.  You can find her Facebook page here (click here) and her blog page here (ditto).

I encourage my nominees to go forth & present.
Help others be known that they are loved.
Just like I love you!

Big, fat, juicy Jenn-ism smoochies all!

~Jenn




5 comments:

  1. Well, THANK YOU Jenn! You honor me! It's so exciting receiving these awards because they come from fellow bloggers and that says a lot! Thank you or in Greek : ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΩ (EFCHARISTO)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenn! Guess what I'LL be working on tomorrow! I adore you, your page and your blog. :-) This means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! What an honor! I'm going to be putting my Liebster award post together this week! You rock my world, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see someone who works so hard to promote other bloggers receive an award from other bloggers. It's so fitting. Congratulations, you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog somehow and want to let you know that your answers spoke to me. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!