Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

TMI - Nothing is private!

If you're looking for privacy, that ship has long sailed!

Nothing is private anymore, thanks to the information highway.

Don't get me wrong, I love my electronic gadgets.  I love my computer, the internet, my blackberry (no I haven't hopped over to the iPhone yet).  I'm also sure I would be lost without all of them.

I think my biggest pet peeve these days is that there's just SOOOO much information coming at you at once.  You could hear the same story four different times from four different devices in less than 10 minutes.
It also doesn't matter how private you want to be, because at the click of the mouse - you can find out whatever you want about someone.  If you can't find what you're looking for, no problem - there are sites that, for a minimal fee, will find the information for you.  Crazy, I tell ya!

I started to feel a little uncomfortable when someone told me to type my telephone number into Google & that it would come up with my full name and address.  With another move of the mouse you could even click on "Get Directions to this Location".  Really!  This has since changed, but at the time - I entered my number & sure enough there it was, my full address along with directions right to my house AND I had an unlisted phone number!  There are plenty of other sites, new ones come up every day.

So why bother with the privacy?  Anyone with a computer, computer access or a life has their very own private paparazzi right inside the little box on their desk.  Amazing, really.

Many of my friends have been concerned over the privacy issues on Facebook.  I was concerned for a bit, but then I thought again - and really, if someone really wants to find about me - it's all there at their fingertips.  Especially with Facebook.  Facebook can be both a great tool.  ie:  find a missing person (which happened recently) or destroy a family/friendship forever.  (Drama, drama, drama)

Nothing is private, nothing comes across as it really is - but I know, at least for myself - I will remain addicted.

Have a happy day & thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!