Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

Any given Sunday...

How do you spend your Sundays?  Church, Football, Work, Family??

Personally, I go to church on Sundays & consider that day for family time.  I'd like to say that I attend church every Sunday.  We used to be much better, but it just hasn't worked out that way lately.  It's funny, a few years back - we used to tease other members of our church family about missing church for their kids' soccer games, etc - and then our daughter got social.  Needless to say, we spend a lot of Sundays at the football field while she cheers, or at birthday parties, or whatever.

I've almost always gone to church.  My mother's parents were German Catholic.  My grandfather Dutch Protestant.  Christianity was a big part of my upbringing & most of my life (with a few lags here and there) I attended church regularly.  Then I came home to watch football!

It is now football season!  I write that with excitement, because I do actually like football!  Our daughter's cheer games are purely social time for me - but when we get home, the games go on!  Sometimes we go to our neighbor's house, sometimes they come here or I just cook up some football food & we watch the games while the girls complain.  Yes, I am trying to teach them the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" rule now - but they don't get it just yet :)

Some day these little girls will grow up and hopefully learn to like football all by themselves - if not they will learn to be really good mall shoppers for several hours until the games are over.

As for us - you can find us at & in front of the games on any given Sunday!  (right after church!)

Thank you for reading my blog!!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!