Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

There's always going to be a weasel in the hen house...

DISCLOSURE:  I have very strong opinions.  This post is in no way aimed in any direction.  It is solely based on my opinion & my own life experiences.  If you feel you may be offended, please do not read further.  Thank you.

I've seen the postings on Facebook for both the 1% Student & the 99% Professor - and although some of my friends will be annoyed with me, they also know that ya can't hold me back when I'm on a tangent & we all love each other anyway.

I respect everyone's right to their own opinions, thoughts and beliefs - but there's always a weasel in the hen house.  And it's YOUR responsibility to watch your own hen house!

Did you ever see the movie, "Nothing But Trouble" with Dan Ackroyd, Chevy Chase, John Candy & Demi Moore?  The premise of the movie is basically that a crazy judge kidnaps people driving through his town - if he deems them a banker, he kills them.  It's actually a comedy - but the point is that we've been hating bankers for YEARS!  That movie was released in 1991 (it is very funny, by the way)

Am I pissed off about the economy?  Hell yes!  Did I watch our 401K drop $15K in 3 months?  Yes, I did.  Do I like it?  No I do not - BUT, we are the people who CHOSE to trust the weasel bankers and invest our hard earned money to make more money.  Our bad - no one else's.
The fact is that you need to take responsibility for your own actions, your own money.  If you're going to invest money, there is going to be some weasley s.o.b. with a plan to take that money.  Guaranteed.  How is it you think that the Morgans & Fairchilds (just to name two) got their wealth?

I did not grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth.  My father worked 2 jobs, we lived in an apartment and ate meager.  We had frozen fish sticks on Friday nights, lots of boxed mac & cheese, peanut butter & jelly and oatmeal.  I never remember steak, or any type of real meat for that matter & frozen pizza was a huge treat!

I had an incredibly dysfunctional family and did not have the encouragement or opportunity to succeed in life.  It was all me or nothing.

My father died when I was 18 & that was it - I was on my own.  I worked 2 jobs while I attended the school that I paid for.  I had roommates (more than I should have) in order to pay the bills and ate very yummy mustard sandwiches.  When I was old enough, I learned about "Happy Hour" and ate there.

The worst thing I ever did was to apply for a credit card.  That, my friends - is a huge part of the reason this country and the citizens of this beautiful country are in the mess we are in.  Credit & Debt!

No one told you to go off on vacation with zero dollars in your bank account and spend $2000 when you only bring home $189 a week.  Common sense!!

Believe me, I'm not standing in the position of the top rung of the ladder looking down on all the little people.  I and my husband created our very own little mound of debt.  Mortgage(s), car payment(s), credit cards - we are/were no better.  So yeah, when the economy fell through it's own butt we also reached the position of holy crap - what the heck happened??  As a result, we've spent the last 4 years counting pennies & struggling with the rest of the planet - while I've been battling health issues.

I got my butt out and got a job - cut up all the credit cards and started living on the mentality if we don't have the cash to pay for it - we can't afford it!  Of course, the mortgage & car payment are exceptions to this rule for us.

We are almost completely credit card debt free & I fully intend on staying that way.

My husband and I work our butts off.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  I am not content to have someone hand me things.  I want to earn my keep, and be a productive member of society.

Once upon a time, I had my own very liberal views & wanted the world to hold hands and sing pretty songs while smiling and hugging.  Now that I've worked my butt off all of my life & know I could have been one of those that fell through the cracks, I hugely resent being taxed further to give to those on welfare, or those with triply extended unemployment who have the ability to do for themselves.

As the person in charge of hiring at my company, I've had several candidates not only tell me that our job "wasn't worth going off of unemployment to take" but also ask me how long the position will be open because they still had an unemployment extension available...  Some others just balked at the fact that they wouldn't be paid $20 an hour for a $10 an hour job with $7 an hour skills!  Get a grip!

Everyone has an opportunity, it's a matter of chasing it down.  It's not going to fall out of the sky and into your lap.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.  Teach a man to fish - he eats for life.

Go learn to fish, you'll be better for it!

Thank you for reading my blog rant!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!