Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

Hey Diet, Hey Scale... You're #1

Yeah, so I've been dieting...

I won't say which finger I was flying to tell the scale and my diet they were number one.

I thought dieting over 30 was bad, but having Lupus, a bum thyroid AND being over 40 - nearly impossible.

The past couple of weeks I've been on that "17 Day Diet" because I am a carb addict.  That said, for the past couple of weeks I've been like a junkie without a fix.  I've had headaches & have been down right mean.  I've been eating protein and veggies like they're going out of style.  And the scale has not budged a flippin' pound.

To top it off, I've been working out.  I'm not a huge fan of planned exercise.  I think I've mentioned this several times.  If not - I hate to exercise.  Yet there I was - every night on the stupid elliptical machine.  Yes, I said stupid!

So now I've had one of my fabulous Lupus crashes.  I have no energy AND my knees & elbows are screaming, thanks to my "work out" on the elliptical.  UGH...  Oh, and I didn't have any carbs to kick my energy level up - because according to this stupid book, my body will energize itself on the fat it's already stored, so I don't need to give it carbs.  Personally, my body could live for years off the fat I've stored and I'd really like a nice big juicy cheeseburger & fries right about now...

Frustrated and in pain, I wandered to my son's room.  Knocked on the door and asked him for his honest opinion of how my legs look.  Having trained him right, he pretended to look and said, "You look great mom."  Well thanks, but when I said HONEST I meant Mom honest, not man not wanting to be in trouble honest....  So I said - Ok, forget everything I've told you (because I know he doesn't want to hurt my feelings either & knows how hard I've been trying) on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the worst - how bad do my legs look.  His answer....  Mom, you look great for a woman your age. AHHHHHHHHH

I love my baby, I really do - and in his eyes, that was a high compliment.  What was I really hoping for?  I was hoping for a "Wow mom, you're almost as hot as a 20 year old - keep up the good work."
Still digesting that.... A woman my age.  Ugh...  My age....  ouch....

With my pride hurt, but knowing my baby boy was genuinely trying to issue me a positive compliment - I caved.  My friend, Carrie, brought me the most wonderful piece of White Chocolate Limoncello Cheesecake
http://carriesexperimentalkitchen.blogspot.com/  and I ate the whole thing!

Guess what - SCALE STILL DIDN'T MOVE!

Flippin' diets!

So scale - diets, here's the ol' Jersey Salute - you're still #1....

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!