Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How to not fall in love, by the one of the biggest mushes on the planet...

Well this is a subject that I truly know nothing about, because I just love, love, love....

I'm great at dispensing the advice of what to's and what not to do's, but when it comes to me - I fall sadly shy of my own advice.  I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.  For sure it hurts from time to time - because my skin has never toughened up.

I'm not talking strictly romantic love.  I'm talking about all love.

I was having several conversations with someone who shall remain nameless :o) about relationships and holding back from jumping all in & playing a little "hard to get".  Firstly, I've never, ever been able to get that skill correct myself - but it certainly looks good on paper.  I also said - let him sweat it, don't call him.  Another I never quite got right.  I also said that if he is the right one, he'll come to you.  Ok - well that's just enough, because the heart wants what the heart wants!  So how do you stop that?  How do you NOT reach out and grab love when it seems to be right there?  Or when you want it so badly...

I know I'm blessed.  I have a wonderful husband, a great family & extended family, great kids & wonderful friends.  I really couldn't ask for more and I still put my heart out there every single day.

I know for certain, with this chickadee in our house, I will have my heart broken.  One day she will leave our home & she may go into a situation that I'm uncomfortable with.  I pray every day that doesn't happen, but I love her anyway.  She's ours, even if it's just for now.

I continue to carry much love around in my heart, old & new - and I can honestly tell you that I have and will continue to have my heart hurt by love - but that will never stop me.

Love is for you as much as it is for the other person.

Even knowing that heartbreak is just around the corner - I truly believe that it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all....

So how do you not fall in love??  I have no idea - did you not read??  I'm the biggest mush on the planet :)

Have a wonderful day full of much love!

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!