Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

Countdown to first day of school!

Morning is NOT the best time for me!

I need my quiet time to worship (my cup of coffee), shake the cobwebs out & just get it together.  This is an actual "real time" blog - not a pre-written blog.  So if you'll please excuse my wanderings - I'm not quite awake and caffeinated yet.

I am incredibly thankful, at the moment, for my Ipod (thank you Kyle), the Disney Channel & a quiet little chickadee.

Since it's the last day of a holiday weekend (that has now brought me pain with the incoming weather, thank you again, Mother Nature) I'm taking full advantage of just relaxing today.  I've spent most of the weekend running with CeCe's cheer schedule & delivering for play dates - getting stuff done around here & getting the kids ready for school on Tuesday.  Yayyyy!!

I love the kids.  I really, really do, but come August 1st - I'm very ready for them to just go back to school.  Only problem is that school starts in SEPTEMBER!

They're done with everything.  Nothing is fun anymore.  They don't want to be in the pool, the trampoline isn't so attractive anymore & I am barraged with the never ending "I'm borrrreeedddd's"  One play date is over and five seconds later they're dialing up for another.

As an aside, I still can't get over the whole "play date" thing.  When I was little I just went out and played - there was no "play date" it was go knock on doors until someone was available to play with.  If not, bummer...  I still had little brothers.  But I digress.

Our little chickadee is very much the morning person.  She's always "ON" full speed ahead!  Like a pin ball going for high score "bing bing bing bing bing..."  Saturday I was awoken by, "It's 7 o'clock.  It's 7 o'clock. Miss Jenn, it's 7 o'clock, wake up.  Why is everyone still sleeping?  It's 7 o'clock."  The only thing I could muster the energy up to say is "IT'S SATURDAY."  The evil thought of going into her room at midnight to "say it's midnight, it's midnight, why are you still sleeping, it's midnight" did enter my mind - but I well know that only serves to backfire on me.  So I suck it up and deal with it.  Fortunately, she is a really good girl and a really good listener.  I awoke on my own to her playing with her dolls nicely in the living room.

I know some of you folks reading already have your kids back to school.  Some of you in other countries don't share United State's Labor Day holiday.  Visualize, if you will - all the mommies (and daddies) doing the happy dance - because tomorrow is the big day!!

BACK TO SCHOOL!!

Thank you for reading my blog

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!