Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chosing my friends carefully...

I know I always say this, but I love, love, love my friends!!

I really and truly do!  I have such an amazing group of friends.  I really couldn't ask for more!

Once upon a time, I would call just anyone my "friend" and my former boss & mentor, Andy, told me - these people are not all your friends.  Some people are just acquaintances.  Friendship is earned.

At the time, I was horrified.  Being my father's daughter - I just loved everyone and as far as I was concerned - the feeling was always mutual.

Andy was, of course, right.  And being the naive human, with a sensitive heart that I am, I've had my heart broken many times by people I trusted and called friend.

Funny how life lessons jade you.  Sadly, not everyone is open, kind and trust worthy.

Through the years, I've cut some surprising people from my life, because they've abused my trust or taken advantage of me or my kindness in some way.

I've learned to make better choices and take the time to find my "comfort zone" in picking the people I officially call friend.

Most of the people I have in my life I've had for a very long time.  Some forever friends, some re-kindled friendships from the past & amazing new friends.  I can honestly say - these people are FRIENDS whom I TRUST, and could not live with out!

It's all about TRUST, in every relationship.  If you can't trust the people you call friend, then they don't deserve to be called friend.

So to my true friends in this life, you know who you are - Thank you for always supporting me!  I love you!!

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posting via
http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/
Thank you for checking it out!